East Liberty Presbyterian Church Mission and Vision
Our mission is to love God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength, and to love our neighbor as ourselves. (View ELPC’s Mission Activities page) To this end, as faithful disciples of Jesus Christ, our vision is to commit ourselves and our resources by:
Reaching UP. . . to God with many voices and styles
- Celebrating with joyful, Spirit-filled praise God’s redeeming love in our Lord Jesus Christ;
- Seeking God’s gracious plan for our congregation and for each of us;
- Offering ourselves in faithful and loving service to God;
- Deepening our faith and discipleship through worship, study, prayer, stewardship, service, and all the means of grace.
Reaching OUT. . . to neighbors near and far with a witness of hope
- Inviting all to join our diverse, inclusive family of faith, transcending all boundaries of race, class, ability, culture, age, gender and sexual identity to become one in Christ.
- Affirming by all we do our commitment to peace, justice, and human dignity for all people;
- Serving God by serving the human need in our congregation, community, city, and world;
- Utilizing in mission our unique combination of location and facilities, people and material resources.
Reaching YOU. . .Unique and precious in God’s sight and in ours
- Embracing your individuality and personal spiritual journey;
- Responding compassionately to your needs;
- Nurturing a life that manifests the fruits of the Holy Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control (Galatians 5:22);
- Fostering the development of our God-given potential as learning and growing together, we welcome God’s spirit to transform us into the likeness of Christ.