For more information about how your child can participate in Food for Thought please talk to Sara Hackett at 412.673.2926.
FOR 4TH THROUGH 8TH GRADERS
THURSDAYS 4:30–6:30 pm
Food for Thought: Mentoring is a no-cost learning support and enrichment program for 4th through 8th graders, which is aimed to equip and encourage children and youth through the exploration and enjoyment of food. This one-on-one mentoring program will reinforce skills known to be necessary for success in and out of school. The central theme of food and thinking will come to life in one-on-one mentoring relationships.
Together mentors and mentees will …
- Share healthy and delicious meals.
- Take cooking classes with professional chefs.
- Participate in creating real solutions for hunger, health, and sustainable agriculture.
- Learn about the food we eat.
- Investigate how different cultures around the world eat, extend hospitably and show gratitude.
- Build meaningful relationships that support them during the joys and the struggles of life.
We are looking for meal team members and mentors to feed the youth in body, mind and soul.
If you are interested in becoming an adult mentor, a meal team member or a service learning coach contact Wil Forrest at 412.260.2554.