Presbyterian Women is open to all women in our denomination, and at all levels—congregations, presbyteries, synods, and the General Assembly. This allows ideas and information to strengthen the work of PW and the ministry of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
All women at ELPC are invited to participate in any of our PW activities, including Bible study, lectures, conferences, and more. Check the calendar, the monthly Reaching Out newsletter, or the weekly e-Flash for more details on our activities. If you’d like to learn more about PW, please contact Sherry Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presbyterian Women Bible Study
Presbyterian Women at ELPC holds a Bible study that typically meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 10 am, as well as the following Monday at 7 pm—from September through June. (Attendance at every session is not required.) A potluck lunch follows the Tuesday session; please bring a salad or snack to share, and your own table setting. Beverages and soup are provided. Childcare is available at the Monday session. Click here for details on the current lesson.
Presbyterian Women at ELPC
All women at ELPC are invited to participate in any of the PW sponsored activities:
- Monthly Horizons Bible Study (September to May/June) and business meetings;
- Theme-based fall and spring retreats and church-wide gatherings;
- Sewing and funding mosquito nets for NetWorkers Malaria Prevention Project;
- Collecting for the Thank Offering and Birthday Offering that support missions and health ministries around the world;
- Providing financial support for a number of local and global mission agencies, as well as helping with community mission projects;
- Funding scholarships for ELPC’s graduating high school seniors. Anyone who is active in the life of ELPC and pursuing a post-secondary degree or certificate is eligible for a one-time scholarship. The awards are made in appreciation for service to the church and as encouragement for the student’s next step in life. Applications are generally available in April and awarded in the fall. For more information and applications, contact Rev. Heather Schoenewolf at 412.441.3800 x121.
- Organizing our “Celebrate the Gifts of Women Sunday” each spring;
- PW Holiday Tea, Children’s Santa Shop, and Cookie Bake (the cookies are served at ELPC events and the city’s prison ministry).
About Presbyterian Women
Presbyterian Women (PW) is a national women’s organization open to all women of the PC(USA) who choose to participate in or be supportive of the organization in any way. PW has a history of more than 200 years and more than 300,000 members. If you’re a Presbyterian and a woman, you are already a PW! We have no membership rolls or dues; we seek only to faithfully serve God:
To nurture our faith through prayer and study; to support the mission of the church worldwide; to work for justice and peace, and to build an inclusive, caring community of women.
For more information, visit the PW page at the national PC(USA) website.